Follow these simple tips to keep your carpet's color and texture looking fresh.
· Vacuum your carpet regularly to prevent soil from embedding itself in the pile.
· Depending on the type of carpet you have, you'll want to use a vacuum with a rotating brush, a beater bar, or suction only.
· Keeping traffic and other use factors in mind, consider professional cleaning every 12 to18 months.
· Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags. Don't pull on them—you might damage the carpet.
· If your carpet is burned, simply remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibers with curved fingernail scissors. If the burn is extensive, you may need to patch or replace it.
· Remove heavy furniture dents by stroking the dented area with the edge of a coin. You can also use a hair dryer or a steam iron, but be very careful not to touch the carpet with the iron.
· For extensive water damage, consult professional cleaners to dry your carpet from the front and back.